Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's going on in the studio?

Key, Keys, Keys!

When I get an idea in my head, there is no stopping me!  Right now I am obsessed with making key style pendants.  These are my newest additions.



I have also added a new Lotus pendant to my ever growing collection of flowers.  I started making this blossom about a year ago but only offered it in my shop when one was made.  It is now available as a made to order item. Let's see how it does!!!


Spring Cleaning  

I know some metal artists participate in challenges such as "Ring a Day".  I would love to do that but there is not enough time in a day, week or month to devote the energy needed to come up with designs for a new ring EVERYDAY.  I also can't see myself creating so many pieces that may never find a new home but the plastic container I keep them in! 

On that note, one doesn't have to participate in a challenge to have excess rings and pendants. I think all jewelry artists/Metalsmiths, have pieces they have made tucked away in  baggies titled, "NEED TO LIST ON ETSY", or "NEED TO RE-PHOTOGRAPH"! 

It may have taken me 2 years but I final am starting to clean out those baggies and get these pieces out for public viewing!  Visit my "Is this Ring Your Size" section of Hapa Girls and get Free Shipping !



2 comments:

  1. I love the last 2 arrow pendants...and, of course, the flower. I love a flower on just about anything! :-) ... I like your new ring section too.

    ReplyDelete